User Interface (UI) Developer is responsible for designing and developing rich and extremely usable user interfaces that fulfil business needs. You will be responsible for ensuring that the quality of the front-end code is readable, reusable and maintainable.
The developer will need to be clear in communicating both internally and with Business stakeholders in order to assess and refine user interface designs. It is expected that they will be able to produce working screens and front-end logic and be able to debug code using various debugging tools.
The developer will be assigned to building out new functional screens within a workflow management systems that has been developed using the front-end framework VueJS. They may also be required to design and develop additional screens and should be able to conceptualise and develop new front-end applications from scratch if required.
The successful should be comfortable working in high pressure environments and be able to manage stakeholders effectively.
This role will be reporting to the Head of IT, GFS .
- Design screen mock-ups or present working prototypes in order to demonstrate key concepts.
- Develop the Front-end screens using a component based approach.
- Have knowledge of RESTful web-services using JSON and AJAX.
- Act as an SME on existing system functionality / flows including business logic.
- Work in an Agile environment and manage work requests through JIRA.
- Debug and maintain version control over system components.
- Provide inputs into continuous improvement of the overall system functionality and business processes.
- 5 years and above relevant experience in UI/UX Development.
- Experience in designing and building web screens using various technologies.
- Good exposure with Responsive Web Design (jQuery/Bootstrap), web architecture, Rest API (JSON/XML and data mappin) and Design patterns.
- Knowledge of query languages and report builders will be beneficial.
- Knowledge of the MVP frameworks such as Vue / Vuex or React will be beneficial.
- Shows passion for their work and has attention to detail.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong prioritization and execution skills.
- Effective interaction with different departments.
- Quality focused with a passion for continuous improvement.
- Self-motivated and a good team player.
- Familiarity with workflow systems / concepts will be a plus.
- Challenging and diverse tasks with scope for introducing your own ideas and experience;
- An excellent working atmosphere in a highly-motivated and successful team with an international company culture;
- Further professional and personal development at one of the world's leading providers of payment processing;
- An attractive salary as well as long-term prospects and a chance for promotion in a successful company that is growing strongly.