JOB ID :(JB 039)
ACQUIRING PAYMENT TEST MANAGER
Test Manager will be responsible for managing Software Quality Assurance (SQA) activities, as part of Business Solution Project delivery from Professional Services Team to the Client(s). The Test Manager will play a key role in ensuring appropriate standard of quality assurance implemented in all Test Phases. He/she should act as SQA advocate on behalf of the Client(s), to confirm the delivered Business Solution fits for purpose as per the Client’s requirement.
This role will be client facing at times and traveling to client premises might be required.
Key Responsibilities :
- Works within the overall Project/Programme governance defined by the Project/Programme Manager, and contributes to formal project reviews at appropriate points in the project lifecycle
- Works effectively with the Technology Team to define and implement the overall test approach. This includes Functional and Non Functional Testing.
- Uses different approaches to estimate timescales, effort and costs for the testing phases
- Ensures all test phases have appropriate entry / exit criteria and monitors achievement of these criteria.
- Defines business acceptance criteria and obtains sign-off prior to go-live.
- Implements a well-structured approach to test defect management and incident reporting.
- Monitors and reports the status / progress of each test phase to all stakeholders.
- Ensures effective issue escalation to senior management where there is a significant threat to delivery
- Make use of appropriate testing tools and services where appropriate.
- Ensure test documentation/templates kept up to date aligned with industry trends and changing business needs.
Job Descriptions :
- Become the PS first point of contact for Quality Assurance matter during merchant onboarding process or any other acquiring related projects (i.e POS, ATM, eCommerce and Payment Gateway integration.)
- Work closely with Wirecard’s internal consultant to understand client’s business requirements.
- Prepare Test Strategy and Test Plan for the required test phases and have them walked through then signed off by client.
- Work closely with client to define the scope of testing and derive test scenarios/cases for Client UAT and PVT.
- Coordinate with Wirecard’s internal consultant, technical and support team to ensure successful Client UAT and PVT testing.
- Consolidate test report(s) and disseminate to the stakeholders.
- Monitor defects from initiation to the closure. And initiate escalation process accordingly (when needed).
- Monitor and coordinate test execution from initiation to closure.
- Consolidate execution status and QA activity milestones for management’s reporting.
- Manage and follow up escalations from initiation to closure.
- Provide necessary corrective action plan to bring quality up to client’s expectation.
Required Skills :
- A degree (preferably in Computer Science or a related subject) is required.
- Well versed in all SQA activities – Test Planning, Test Design, Test Execution, and Test Monitoring.
- ISTQB/ISEB or other formal training in Software Testing.
- Working knowledge of full payment transaction cycle (Authorization, Clearing and Settlement, Dispute Management and so on).
- 8 years minimum IT experience.
- 5 years minimum SQA related experience.
- 3 years minimum practical Test Management experience using a formal Test Management Methodology.
- Hands on experience in testing Web Based application with good understanding of Software Testing Life Cycle and Methodology.
- Excellent management skills – ability to develop effective teams.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to plan time effectively.
- Actively plans ahead and organizes schedule to ensure deadlines to objectives or tasks are met.
- Ability to articulate business requirements into structured test plans to ensure quality of released product.
- Able to effectively deal with changing priorities or obstacles and to provide alternative options or solutions.
- Strong attention to detail.
- High level of solution analysis skills.
- Strategic thinking - Considers the wider impact an issue may have on department or business.
- Experience managing complete Software Testing Life Cycle in challenging environments.
- Experience with project management tools such as MS Project
- Experience in JIRA and Confluence
- Solid and practical knowledge of Acquiring Payment Card Industry
- Use of advanced testing tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of testing methodologies and techniques.
- Knowledge of testing automation tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of SDLC and STLC
- Extensive knowledge of the Acquiring Payment Card Industry concepts.
- Experience in ISO 8583, EMV and payment switch
- Hands on experience testing POS, ATM, Payment Gateway integration.
- Hands on experience with common payment industry oriented tools e.g. VTS, FinSim, MCPS, MAS, Postman and so on.
- Test Management methodologies (V-model, Agile, etc.)
- Customer Service. Ability to meet and strive to exceed the needs of internal and external customers by producing quality work and service.
- Communications. Communicates issues effectively and on time with other employees and customers.
- Drive for Results. Able to go the ‘extra mile’ to achieve tasks, objectives and targets. Demonstrates good attention to detail across all areas of work.
- Teamwork. Able to work together with colleagues to pool skills, ideas and resources to achieve objectives and resolve problems.
- Time Management. Able to prioritize tasks to meet business/department/job needs.
- Analytical Thinking. Able to systematically break apart complex problems (written, verbal or numerical).
- Resilience. Ability to work well under pressure in order to a
- Able to constructively help and coach others in their professional development.
- Ability to develop a team spirit and maintain team morale.
- Embraces Change / Flexibility.
- Keeps abreast of current developments and trends in area of expertise.
- Keeps up to date on training and continuous personal development plans.