Wirecard AG is one of the world’s leading independent providers of outsourcing and white label solutions for electronic payment transactions. The Wirecard Group has been supporting companies in accepting electronic payments from all sales channels. A global multi-channel platform bundles international payment acceptances and methods, supplemented by fraud prevention solutions. When it comes to issuing their own payment instruments in the form of cards or mobile payment solutions, Wirecard provides companies with an end-to-end infrastructure, including the requisite licenses for card and account products.
Wirecard AG is listed on the Frankfurt Securities Exchange (TecDAX, ISIN DE0007472060, WDI).
Position:Team Lead - Payment Simulation
As an experienced, trusted, enthusiastic leader of software development teams, this role will require a highly technical, hands-on capable developer/leader/negotiator/mediator/shaper. The tech stack is a mix of old and new e.g C, possibly some C++, .Net, Java, MySQL, Oracle, Bootstrap, jQuery, Vue.js, Python, Django, REST architecture, CI/CD, Docker, Selenium and pytest. The role will also provide high level technical support, consultancy and technical product design for both our mature product FINsim and our up and coming Wirecard Payment Simulator (WPS). The Development Lead Payment Simulation role will be able to provide support, guidance and mentorship for the team and also be able to assist at the code level. The Team Lead will excel at motivating their team to work together to achieve something greater than their individual parts in both the mature FINsim space and with newer tech for WPS. For WPS this is a great chance to get in at the ground level at help shape the future of Payment Simulation!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and supervise development tasks and project work undertaken by the Payment Simulation Team
- Provide development and training in required areas of the products to the Payment Simulation Team
- Take ownership of agreed personal project objectives, timelines and deadlines for the Payment Simulation products – FINsim and WPS (Wirecard Payment Simulator)
- Prepare SOW’s to clearly define project scope.
- Prepare functional specifications mapped to business requirements.
- Prepare and distribute Release Notes.
- Provide certification and UAT support.
- Participate in project meetings and maintain good relationships with customers.
- Ensure high quality of coding of self and team, in adherence to coding standards.
- Develop and test product enhancements (features and functionality) to existing products.
- Develop and test new products.
- Perform on-site product deployment at client sites.
- Deliver on-site and remote client training.
- Responsible for the overall architectural software design of the Testing Solutions / Payment Hub Team / FINsim products
- Coordinate and manage the Product Refurbishments and/or enhancements of the FINsim and Payment Hub products
- Act as a technology specialist to initiate and participate in short or long term planning for the products, making recommendations on technical policies and procedures within an overall continuous program for the FINsim and WPS products through a combination of technical analysis, code inspection and testing.
- Assist in resolving escalated complex issues and problems for the FINsim and WPS products
- Advocate and enact continuous improvement in the overall design and architecture of the product
- Ensuring necessary design and systems meet modern accepted security standards.
- Minimum 3+ years proven experience leading small software development teams
- 10+ years of software development experience
- Minimum 3+ years experience in the Payments Industry
- Tertiary qualifications in Computer Science (or similar)
- Expert skills in many programming areas, including operating systems and utilities, and applications development tools.
- Analytical and problem solving focused
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal and consultative skills
- Commercial understanding and business acumen
- Tertiary qualifications in computer sciences or similar discipline
- Exposure to Switching, Schemes, Device management
- Experience with high performance transactional systems, multi-threading, multi-processing
- World Leading Listed Organization
- Attractive benefits
- Excellent learning exposure