As the Project Manager, s/he will be managing the implementation of the project delivery and provide end-to-end service to Wirecard customers. The Project Manager will be responsible for our payment services project in Malaysia and across Asia, depending on the client location.
The successful candidate must possess a good understanding of payment industry (merchant acquiring) and project management skills to perform this role. Besides that, the role is required to work closely with key stakeholders such as sales, technical teams and our merchants.
This role will be reporting to the Team Lead of Professional Services.
- Planning, tracking and coordinating dedicated client projects from pre-sales until launch involving a wide range of different parties and systems both at Wirecard and on the customer side;
- First point of contact for the client, including occasional on-site client support;
- Coordinate and manage technical, commercial, legal and organizational project work packages;
- Coordinate and execute client specific configuration, payment scheme and infrastructure setup as well as testing activities and configuration within all Wirecard systems throughout all staging domains;
- Set up operational processes, risk and fraud prevention and monitoring and reporting of above areas Escalation Management / Change Request Management including financial evaluation;
- Preparation of and participation in client presentations and steering board;
- At least five (5) years’ of prior experience with payment industry in a similar project management role.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Project Management or equivalent.
- Candidates with PMP certification will be advantage
- Working experience in Merchant Acquiring and servicing industry with strong knowledge of payments acceptance products (in-store, mobile & online)
- Experience in project planning and tracking, both agile and classical waterfall methodologies
- Functional knowledge of Point of Sales products, Terminal Management solutions, its usage and operational implications across various tiered merchant environments (Tier1, SME, Micro)
- Functional knowledge of Payment Gateways, Transaction Switching, E-Commerce & Cloud based solutions etc.
- Functional knowledge of alternative payment methods, relevant alternative payment providers in the region (Alipay, WeChat Pay etc.), in-country wallets, QR code based payments etc.
- Ability to work successfully in a Team, hands-on attitude and strong moderating skills able to find creative compromises
- Quick understanding of complex processes and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Challenging and diverse tasks with scope for introducing your own ideas and experience;
- An excellent working atmosphere in a highly-motivated and successful team with an international company culture;
- Further professional and personal development at one of the world's leading providers of payment processing;
- An attractive salary as well as long-term prospects and a chance for promotion in a successful company that is growing strongly.