The role sits in Business Monitoring function responsible for continuous monitoring of existing merchants, ensuring products and services offered to customers are legal, merchant business is in line with Wirecard policies and is compliant with card scheme rules and local regulations. In addition, the role will support local investigation of new business and act as a backup for Risk Underwriting when needed.
You will be the contact point for the regional sales and operation teams on any request raised from existing customers. You will be responsible for initiating, updating, and maintaining regular risk reporting and alerts for any major business changes and/or discrepancies. As part of your responsibility you will liaise with sales to ensure customer KYC database is up to date.
Reporting to Head of Business Monitoring, you will conduct regular status and alert reporting and assists to manage regional customer portfolio.
- Monitor all existing merchants’ business structure and status including any changes of UBO and directors, company structure, company address etc to ensure ongoing solvency
- Monitor all existing merchant’s business activities to ensure changes in products and services, URL, Terms and Conditions, mail, phone scripts etc are approved and compliant with Wirecard policies.
- Review existing merchants on a regular basis to ensure they act in line with their contractual agreement with Wirecard and that the deposit held is sufficient.
- Report and alert on illegal merchant business content and/or any limit breaches.
- Research and update the internal and external merchant investigation and monitoring tools available in the region.
- Perform investigation tasks where are required and / or during peak periods
- Co-operate with sales operation to support the merchant boarding process in an efficient manner.
- Support Risk, Fraud and Compliance functions in formulating strategy, process, and execution.
- Support the function to maintain and improve merchant monitoring policies and procedures.
- 5 years and above relevant experience in business underwriting / financial analysis
- Familiar with Payment industry or card acquiring / issuing schemes
- Familiar with applicable local regulations across the region
- Experience in portfolio management and credit risk reporting
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Fluent in regional languages
- University degree in finance, business or relevant
- Able to travel 10% of the time
- Attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of automation tools and report builders
- Advanced knowledge in financial statements
- Excellent data querying and management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong prioritization and execution skills
- Effective interaction with different departments
- Quality focused with a passion for continuous improvement
- Ability to learn and adapt to new risk management tools
- Self-motivated and a good team player
Attractive Salary and Flexible Benefit