Wirecard Payment Solutions Malaysia Sdn Bhd have an opportunity for a IT Service Desk Engineer to join us to provide an ‘in–house’ IT Support capability. This is to offer extended support to our APAC IT Service Desk Operations to users in Malaysia.
Working alongside our Malaysia based Corporate IT & Infrastructure team and closely with the Service Desk teams in APAC, Wirecard Global Service Desk and appointed 3rd Party Outsource Providers, you will deliver timely resolution to Service Desk Tickets to allow our business to continue to function in a compliant and secure manner.
The candidate will be based in Wirecard Malaysia office to provide on-site support with the following duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure all Office IT related issues and problems are resolved within the stipulated SLA
- Ensure all Tickets assigned are worked on, updated and resolved
- Ensure the Office IT infrastructure is proactively monitored and maintained
- Ensure all IT Assets (Hardware & Software) are tracked and kept up to date
- Provide sufficient analysis and follow up action on issues
- Support the development and compilation of procedures and guidelines team and internal customer needs
- Be prepared for on-call 24x7 standby due to IT infrastructure issues
- Work on Service Desk Tickets that are logged in person, via phone or by email
- Troubleshooting, analysis and problem solving.
- Follow up on outstanding requests and ensure timely resolution. Escalation to both internal and External Service Providers to resolve issues where required.
- End User Administration in the area of: Active Directory, File & Print, Printer, End user IT Work equipment, Corporate Mobile Devices, Office Telephone Phone etc
- Create accounts and configure IT hardware as part of on-boarding process
- Coordination to Service Providers, i.e. Repair and Service of End User Devices
- Manage and monitor internal assets to ensure accurate inventory records
- Manage User Administration requests ensuring Information Security rules are enforced
- Provide work instructions to end users on all things IT
- Apprenticeship, certification, or associate degree in IT related field or similar experience.
- ITIL foundation certified
- Working knowledge of MS Office and Adobe products, client operating systems (Windows 7 / 10, MAC OS) and AD (Active Directory) with a desire to improve your knowledge to expert level.
- Minimum of 2 years of related IT Service Desk or operations experience
- Working knowledge in TCP/IP Networking and Routing, End user Desktop support/Setup.
- Good communication skills, including creation of user documentation and technical documentation
- Fluent communication in English. Other Asian languages e.g. Bahasa Melayu , Chinese, Cantonese is an added advantage but not required.
- Coordination and Organization skills
- Team player with a focus on Service oriented mindset and approach to work
- Team player, independent work is expected
- Challenging and diverse tasks with scope for introducing your own ideas and experience;
- An excellent working atmosphere in a highly-motivated and successful team with an international company culture;
- Further professional and personal development at one of the world's leading providers of payment processing;
- An attractive salary as well as long-term prospects and a chance for promotion in a successful company that is growing strongly.