We are seeking a skilled fraud management professional with extensive experience in payment systems, executing within high performing fraud operations, implementing strategic business approaches and initiating systems/processes to reduce or mitigate fraud and related risk trends.
- Understanding of fraud management platforms, & setup of rules with respect to transaction trends and/or patterns to detect possibility of merchant fraud and consumer fraud using relevant risk platforms
- Understanding of payment gateways and ability to interpret and analyse complex transaction (authentication, authorization, tokenization data) and identify patterns, trends, and make independent decisions on fraud risk strategies utilizing this analysis.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of industry expertise regarding payment gateways, payment fraud, Visa/MC risk products (3D-Secure, AVS, etc.), emerging trends and technologies within the payments industry
- Partner and provide subject matter expertise, guidance, and best practices to clients/customers/teams in relation to fraud monitoring and prevention
- Understands scheme rules and regulations and monitors fraud and chargeback thresholds set by card scheme programs (VCMP, VFMP for Visa and ECP, GMAP for Mastercard as example)
- Provides consultation to end-merchants with regards to setup and maintenance of fraud prevention rules
- Provides timely feedback to Management with respect to portfolio performance and reporting
- 3 years of experience in payments, payment risk and risk product(s)
- Experience configuring & interpreting results from risk products/ fraud systems used to detect fraud – related experience from a fraud detection vendor will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Visa and MasterCard Risk Products (including 3D-Secure etc. ) will be an advantage
- Strong independent strategic thinking, outstanding verbal and written communication, presentation and analytical skills with an ability to deliver results, communicate complex concepts and results.