Who are we?
Our company is part of the Wirecard Global network, with offices in New Zealand, Australia, Philippines, Dominican Republic and Greece. We offer our customers all products and services for secure and smooth electronic payment transactions. It is a very exciting business area. We operate in an international market which is extremely dynamic. We provide the latest payments technology and are shaping the future, for example, in issuing and acquiring for all schemes globally. As we are growing quickly, we are always looking for new people who are on the same page as us and willing to work together towards success.
What do we do?
Wirecard AG offers more than 20,000 customers state-of-the-art technology, transparent real time reporting services and support in developing their international payment strategies: offline, online or mobile.
The Wirecard Group has been supporting companies in accepting electronic payments from all sales channels. We provide a global multi-channel platform bundling of international payment acceptances and methods, flanked by fraud prevention solutions. When it comes toissuing their own payment instruments in the form of cards or mobile payment solutions, Wirecard provides companies with an end-to-end infrastructure, including the requisite issuing licences for card and account products.
Who are we after?
We are currently looking for an intermediate Developer to join our FINSIM (Testing Solutions and Payment Hub) team in Melbourne, Australia. The position involves a combination of application development and payment systems consulting.
What will you be doing?
You will be a developer, support analyst and technical consultant, all rolled up into one. You will:
- Develop and test product enhancements (features and functionality) to existing products
- Develop and test new products
- Provide support for customers with product support inquiries through a combination of technical analysis, code inspection and testing
- Perform on-site product deployment at client sites
- Deliver on-site and remote client training
- Participate in business process improvement activities and implement risk management solutions
What skills do you need?
At a bare minimum, you will need to meet the following requirements or display the following traits:
- 1-5 years of experience in developing software application in C/C++
- Qualification in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Knowledge of the SDLC methodology
- Moderate to advanced level proficiency in Java, C, C++
- Customer presentable communication skills - both written and verbal
- Exceptional attention to detail
The following skills, traits and experiences are also considered highly desirable for this role:
- Commercial experience in programming languages such as C, C++ and Java. Any experience in Linux or Unix will be reviewed favourably
- Knowledge of traditional EFT payment platforms including ATMs, POS or switches
- Working knowledge in Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server. Knowledge in Git and DevOps is a plus
Although our preference is to engage a practiced developer, we are also open to receiving interest from recent graduates with suitable skills. In that case, please support your application with details of any relevant project specific experience demonstrating your software development skills.
The Next Steps:
If the role sounds like what you're after, please apply with a cover letter attached to your resume. Your cover letter should highlight the specific recent experiences relevant for the role .If you have any of the experiences, skills or knowledge we find highly desirable, please indicate the specifics within your cover letter.
NOTE: Please provide any CV and Cover Letter in ".docx" or ".pdf" format only
YOU MUST HOLD A CURRENT RIGHT TO WORK IN THE AUSTRALIA
Attractive benefits and salary!